Friday, December 17, 2010

Tis the Season

The official Christmas countdown is on and so begins the great Christmas Treat Fest of 2010.  Every year I whip myself up into a baking frenzy creating delicious treats for friends, co-workers and family.  I've been scouring the interwebs and there are a variety of Christmas goodies I must try this year.

So I give you...the 12 days of Christmas Treats (in no particular order):



12. Joy the Baker's Oatmeal Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies: Oatmeal Pecan Chocolate Cookies: Oatmeal cookies have always been a family favorite and I love the idea of jazzing them up with some pecans and of course chocolate.

11. Smitten Kitchen's Roasted Chestnut Cookies:  I just saw a bunch of chestnuts in Trader Joe's and now I want to make these cookies.  Plus they are rolled in powdered sugar.  WIN.

10. Cannelle et Vanille's Candy Cane Marshmallows:  These just scream holiday season to me.  Plus, if I can get them to look half as good as they do in these pictures, I'll consider myself a success.

 9. Oh She Glows' Favorite Snickerdoodles:  I love Snickerdoodles so I think I will really love this recipe.  Who doesn't love a good sugar cookie?

8. Peas and Thank You's Christmas Cookie Dough Balls:  Christmas Dough Balls?  The cookie dough is my favorite part about making yummy Christmas treats...and these are egg-free so you can eat as much dough as you want.  I die.

7. David Lebovitz's Salted Butter Caramels:  Really the title says it all.  Can you think of anything better?

6. Steamy Kitchen's Nutella Shortbread Cookies with Almond and Banana:  Because everyone could use a little (or a lot) of Nutella in their lives.  And banana and chocolate always tastes good together.

5. A for Aubergine's Gingersnaps: Gingersnaps are a lovely cookie and so is this girl.  These would pair quite nicely with the Favorite Snickerdoodles.

4. Emeril Lagasse's Peppermint Bark:  Easy to make and even easier to transport.  Can be made with white or milk chocolate.

3. Elizabeth Gordon's Allergy Free Holiday Spritz Cookies: As a food allergy sufferer myself, I love finding allergy friendly recipes that taste great and are perfect for holiday gatherings.

2. Joy the Baker's Ginger Persimmon Bread:  Because I like the word persimmon.  And anything ginger.  Plus I needed a break from all the chocolate madness.

1. Tartelette's Pumpkin Semifreddo: For the love of all things pumpkin, I must make this dessert.

Tis the Season indeed.  Now what to make first?

No comments:

Post a Comment